Sunday, December 29, 2013

2013: A Year In Review

Memorable Moments by Month:

January: Paint The Town Red (one of my fav charity fundraisers) complete with an awesome faux red leather jacket from (surprisingly) Forever 21 ( yes, it has major studs...no I haven't worn it since...oops!)!

February: Mardi Gras! Finally checked it off the bucket list with some of my best friends! Definitely worth experiencing at least once in your life! I have a new found appreciation for Po-Boys and beignets!


March: I officially decided to become a CASA (court appointed special advocate).  It's an organization I had been involved with for many years but this year it became a huge part of my life and is probably what I am most proud of from 2013!

April: Dallas Color Run! It was my first experience in Dallas and running the Color Run and I loved both!

May: Bachelorette Fun! I planned my first bachelorette party (Cinco de Mayo Weekend) and we had a blast in the Dells.  We had an adorable cabin to ourselves and the bar scene was surprisingly crazy!


June: I was honored to be MOH in one of my very best friend's wedding.  Every detail was perfect and it was literally one of the most fun days of my life!


July: America and I share this fabulous birthday month! Talked my friends into a birthday rodeo which did not disappoint!  This will likely be a repeat for 2014!


August: For me this month was all about Football! Even pre-season games get me excited and Fantasy Football kick offs are something I look forward to each year! We went to the Packers vs. Rams pre-season game and had a blast!

September: Walk This Way - I was honored to be chosen as a honoree for the Cystic Fibrosis Walk This Way Event! My competitive spirit definitely came out and through some amazing support I raised just over $16,000 for the cause! I was incredibly nervous to actually walk the runway (eeekk) but had the most amazing cheering section that helped ease the butterflies!

October: Halloween in Mexico! Sun and margaritas were the only 2 things on the agenda for a long weekend birthday celebration for one of my best friends! So. Worth. It.  My very best friend's gender reveal shower was this month as well! I am still beyond excited for her to have a little baby boy next year!



November: Anniversary trip to Thailand! There is no way I can summarize this adventure in a few sentences so I'll save it for another post but our trip to Beijing (quick layover stop), Bangkok, and Railay Beach was so memorable and another place checked off of my bucket list! And...I chopped my hair!


December: Home for the holidays! At the end of the day family (which I appreciate even more now that I'm not driving distance away) is what makes this crazy so called life worth it!






No comments:

Post a Comment