Sunday, January 12, 2014

Closet Clean Out!

With heaps of laundry waiting to be put away (my least favorite activity) I decided that today was the perfect day to weed through my overflowing closet.  I have to admit, I tend to hold onto items a little too long just in case that day comes along when I need a neon orange polo to complete my look.  I purged, re-organized, and found some long lost items in my closet so all in all a great success!



With items that did not make the cut I separate them into several different categories:

1) Designer, name brand in great condition, or new with tags items - these items I take pictures of and list on www.tradesy.com.  I LOVE this website because they make everything sooo easy! You don't have to worry about shipping (they send a prepaid envelop to your house so all you do is put your sold item in and put it in the mailbox) and they help with editing your pictures and pricing recos.  Things don't always sell quickly but for me that isn't an issue and I've had great success! Check out my closet here: Emily's Tradesy Closet

2) Less expensive name brands/good but not perfect condition items - I take these items to a local resale shop with instructions to donate if the items do not sell.  My only caution with resale shops is to do your research!  Some offer much better returns than others.  The shop I use splits the sale 50/50 with me.  Also if you take any higher valued items in I would talk to them regarding pricing beforehand (to avoid you leaving your coat there expecting to make $50 and finding out you only made $10).  Since most of these stores are seasonal I would call ahead to see what season of clothing they are currently excepting.

3) Items that are a few years old or basics (tees, sweatshirts, etc) - all these items that are in good condition I donate.  I take my items directly to local women's shelter.  Call ahead to make sure they are taking donations.  I also normally take any makeup/health samples I've received at local events, as free gifts, etc. since I know they will go to good use.
 

Until next time,

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment